Braemar Literary Festival 2022
We are excited to announce our inaugural Braemar Literary Festival, taking place from
7th-9th October 2022.
The festival is being held in collaboration with The Duchess of Cornwall’s Reading Room, a hub for literary communities around the world celebrating literature in all its forms.
The Braemar Literary Festival aims to explore the creative use of words and text in their broadest sense; celebrating the works of bestselling authors alongside visual artists, spoken word performers, singer-songwriters, scriptwriters, critics and publishers alike, reflecting the many ways in which the ’literary’ creatively enhances our lives.
The festival promises to be an exciting two-day event bringing together the Braemar community, Fife Arms guests and literary lovers.
The current festival lineup includes:
- Festival Launch Dinner in the Clunie Dining Room, curated by guest chef Angela Hartnett OBE
- Tom Parker Bowles in conversation with Angela Hartnett OBE and Jeremy Lee
- The Duchess of Cornwall’s Reading Room: Daily ‘In conversation with’ events with the Reading Room’s showcased authors
- Sessions featuring leading Scottish writers including Ian Rankin OBE and Jackie Kay
- Book signing & talks by whisky expert, Dave Broom
- A Hauser & Wirth Publishing pop-up
- Reading of Braemar Commemorative Jubilee Poem by poet Gillian Shearer
- Poem & a Pint: Pop-up poetry readings and live music in the Flying Stag Bar
- ‘Braemarnia’ community book launch in the Village Hall
More to be announced!
Join us for the weekend, and enjoy two nights of dinner bed and breakfast, including a specially curated 3-course festival launch dinner cooked by celebrated chef Angela Hartnett OBE, special access to private drinks receptions with festival speakers and supporters, dinner allowance for the second evening, dinner and post-dinner readings from invited authors, in-room gift and complimentary tickets to all festival lectures and events.